There’s probably nowhere I’d rather be than at our house in Norfolk for the Easter weekend. As I said in my last post, it is a real retreat and just so much more relaxing than being at home for some reason.
Here are some of the highlights of the past few days –
- Introducing Honey to the beach – she had a great run around and got very wet and sandy.
- Doing a couple of our favourite walks – the six mile one from Brancaster, up over the common then back along the coastal path and the four mile Holkham-Wells-Holkham one – in the beautiful sunshine.
- Meeting our friends, the Woodwards, completely by chance, whilst walking along the coastal path, and then going for a drink and snack with them at The Ship in Brancaster.
- A morning playing board games as a family.
- Seeing six seals playing and showing off during one of our beach walks.
- Talking about our planned summer holiday to Grenada for the whole of our four mile walk!
- Trying out a new recipe on Easter Sunday – orange glazed chicken, with orzo salad and asparagus.
- Homemade pizzas on Easter Monday, all choosing our own selection of toppings.
- Going out for a meal as a family.
- The fabulous weather – some of the mornings have been a little grey but the afternoons have been pretty glorious!
Back home tomorrow, as it’s nearly time to get B ready for his exciting school trip!