Well, what amazing weather we have had this week. Although I was feeling that I was ready for autumn, I certainly wasn’t going to complain about a little more summer, so the heat this week has been a real treat.
Anyway, here are some other things that have made me happy this week:
- G completed her bronze Duke of Edinburgh expedition last weekend, so it’s good to have that “ticked off” the list now. The weather was predictably very wet for the first half of day one, but then improved, and was perfect for the second day, so the girls had a good time – although were very, very glad to get home, showered and into comfortable beds!
- As D and I therefore had the house to ourselves, we took the opportunity to get some jobs done. We had been planning to get a new bathroom fitted but that may be postponed for a little while, so we did some remedial work on it, and I have been painting it this week, so hopefully it will last us a little longer.
- As it was such a beautiful day on Sunday, and we had to head into the Peak District to collect G at the end of her expedition, we decided to make the most of the day, so went for a lovely five mile walk around the Wetton area. The views and houses around there are stunning, and the dogs loved it too, so it was such a great trip out.
4. Following on from last week’s “social engagements”, I had lunch with another friend on Monday, which was lovely – always good to have a proper catch up over some delicious food.
5. I did make a couple of cheeky purchases this week – just things for the house, which I saw, loved and couldn’t resist. I haven’t yet decided where to put them, but I will!
6. I finished a book that had recommended to me by a friend this week, which I had loved!. It was “Turning Point” by Freya North. The beauty of it was that it was set in two locations – British Columbia in Canada and North Norfolk – and there were so many references to places that I know so well in Norfolk, that it did make me smile A LOT when I read them. If only my friend had warned me how sad it is as well though!
7. The weather this week has meant that early morning walks have been happening again, as it has been too hot for the dogs to go too far during the daytime, but I do love being out early – the light and atmosphere are so different and it is quieter too, so they can run around crazily on their own.
8. Lottie and Honey were trimmed yesterday so now look so smart and beautiful – and extremely cute!
9. Last night was Speech Day at G’s school, which is always such a lovely evening, celebrating all the fabulous things that have gone on throughout the year. It was especially good for us this year, as, now that D is a governor, we had reserved seats on the second row, so had a great view of everyone and everything – especially G collecting her academic prize!
10. The final one for this week is looking ahead slightly, to tonight, when B comes home for the weekend. We are all very excited to see him and have a proper family weekend again – hurrah!
Have a great few days everyone!