I’ve only been blogging for a couple of months now so I’m very grateful to Lizzie at Firstooth for nominating me for this award!
The Liebster Award is a great way for new bloggers, or bloggers with a smaller following, to get to know each other. In accepting the Liebster Award, there are some rules to follow as best you can:
1)Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
2) Post the Liebster Award badge on your blog.
3) Write 11 facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 4-11 bloggers (with fewer than 1,000 Twitter followers) who you feel deserve the award.
5) Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger that nominated you.
6) Write 11 new questions for your nominees.
11 facts about me:
1. When we got married, we decided that we wanted four children, as I’m one of four. Then we had two, realised how hard it is to be a parent, and stopped there! But the two we have are fabulous!
2. My parents both died when I was in my very early thirties, which changed our outlook on life as we realised that life is very short and you don’t know what’s round the corner.
3. We considered emigrating to New Zealand a few years ago but, after careful consideration and research, decided that it wasn’t for us.
4. I love reading, and read all different genres of books.
5. I met my husband when we were at school – and love the fact that we appear on the same whole school photo, despite being in different year groups.
6. I did a French degree at university but have no idea why! I should have done history.
7. Yoga is my favourite kind of exercise.
8. I adore walking our three dogs every day – they are just too gorgeous!
9. I’ve recently re-discovered the joys of crosswords and colouring – and love both!
10. One of my favourite things to do is to go to the theatre, for both plays and musicals.
11. I’ve worked as a primary school teacher, a manager in the civil service, a web designer and now control the finances of the company I run with my husband.
1.What is your biggest secret?
I don’t really have any secrets, apart from how I really feel inside sometimes.
2.Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Yes – the “Real Housewives” of anywhere, and peanut butter straight from the jar!
3.What’s the hardest thing you’ve had to do?
Spend a year in France as part of my degree, away from my family and D.
4.When you get a spare hour how do you spend it?
Reading, playing the piano or doing a crossword.
5.If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
Norfolk or Grenada in the Caribbean.
6.What made you decide to start a blog?
To record the little things which bring us joy and happiness, as a place to collect memories of our family life and as a gratitude journal.
7.What’s your favourite type of blog to read?
Lifestyle – a bit about people’s everyday lives, and ones with interior design inspiration.
8.Is the experience of being a parent different from how you imagined it?
Yes – it is so much harder but can also be more fun.
9.If you can go out, where is your favourite place to eat?
I love good British pub food and, as a contrast, Waga Mama!
10. What is the best thing you’ve ever bought?
Our firepit! It has already given us so many lovely family (screen-free!) evenings out in the garden until late.
11.Where is your favourite place to go as a family?
For a holiday – Grenada; for the weekend, CarFest; for a day trip, a Norfolk beach or for a lovely walk.
1. Where is your favourite place to go on holiday?
2. What achievement are you most proud of?
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
4. What is your dream job?
5. Who would you like to be stuck on a desert island with?
6. What is your favourite food?
7. What is your favourite book, and why?
8. Do you have any unusual habits?
9. How would you describe your house interior style?
10. Do you have any phobias?
11. What one thing would you tell your 18 year old self?
If you’re able to participate in this then please tag me once you’ve completed it so I can have a read! @Daisytrixabelle