Woah, these weeks are passing by so quickly – it is very weird to think that we will be in October in just over a week’s time! All the more reason for me to collect my happy memories, so here is this week’s list:
- We had a lovely family picnic and walk in the Peak District last Saturday. The weather was perfect for walking – blue skies, sun, but not too much heat. G was still in Duke of Edinburgh mode after her expedition the previous week, so got her map out and planned us a lovely route, which was just perfect.
2. We don’t do this as often as we should, but we had a delicious Sunday roast the following day. We had roast pork, which is definitely not my favourite meat, but it was totally worth it for the crackling, which was so, so good (as were the ‘porkshire puddings’, as we call them).
3. D bought me a beautiful bunch of flowers home last Friday, which have really brightened up the bedroom this week – gorgeous!
4. I forgot about this one from a couple of weeks ago, but I’m saying that it counts, as it is not yet up on the wall! While we were in Norfolk, B helped me take some photos on the beach of natural objects in the shape of letters, which I then printed out to put in this frame below. I had seen and loved the idea but wasn’t sure how it would work out, but I’m really pleased with it.
5. I have been ploughing through my proofreading course this week, and have completed my first module, which has now gone off to be marked. I’m under way!
6. I had a lovely couple of hours meeting a fabulous friend for coffee on Wednesday. It was great to catch up – we literally never stop talking when we are together – and so we are now planning a way to celebrate 2 decades of friendship at some point next year. One to look forward to!
7. I have made more progress with the bathroom this week, having stripped and painted the wall. I have bought some small bits and pieces for it – new flannels, light pulls, hooks, etc., and I am definitely much happier about it, so am now in no rush to get a whole new bathroom anymore.
8. I am loving the fact that “the nights are drawing in”, as they say. Much as I adore the long days of summer, I am always ready to make the house cosy by this time of year, lighting lamps and candles, and getting the blankets out, etc.
9. G and I have been thinking about our upcoming trip to Grenada this week, and so I have emailed off with our ideas for things we would like to do while we are there, so we will hopefully have these arranged soon. It’s coming so quickly!
10. Simple things – we had a delicious chilli con carne last night, which had been “doing its thing” in the slow cooker all day. We haven’t had chilli for so long, so it tasted particularly good, especially with taco shells!
So we are off to Norfolk tonight for the weekend, which we are so looking forward to. Have a great couple of days everyone!